Terms & Conditions
The Barrel By Coogee Bay Hotel strongly supports the responsible service of alcohol.
As a condition of accessing and using the The Barrel By Coogee Bay Hotel website - thebarrel.au (“the Site”), you agree to comply with and be subject to all of the following terms and conditions of use (“Terms and Conditions”).
Responsible Service of Alcohol & Liquor Act
- You must be 18+ to use this website.
- You must be 18+ to purchase from the Site.
- You will be required to confirm your age prior to placing an order and you will be asked for and you must provide acceptable evidence of proof of age before taking receipt of goods.
- You must not obtain alcohol for or on behalf of anyone under the age of 18.
- You will not take or supply any part of your order to any liquor-restricted area or community.
- You will not be allowed to collect or take receipt of goods if you are deemed to be intoxicated.
- Prices on this website may differ from in-store prices. Website prices are available for online purchases only.
- All prices are displayed in AUD and include GST. Prices may be subject to change without notice.
- We are not responsible if information made available on the Site is not accurate, complete, or current. The material on the Site is provided for general information only and should not be relied upon or used as the sole basis for making decisions without consulting primary, more accurate, more complete or more timely sources of information. Any reliance on the material on the Site is at your own risk.
- The Site may contain certain historical information. Historical information, necessarily, is not current and is provided for your reference only.
- We reserve the right to modify the contents of the Site at any time, but we have no obligation to update any information on the Site. You agree that it is your responsibility to monitor changes to the Site.
- Third-party links on the Site may direct you to third-party websites that are not affiliated with us. We are not responsible for examining or evaluating the content or accuracy and we do not warrant and will not have any liability or responsibility for any third-party materials or websites, or for any other materials, products, or services of third-parties.
- We are not liable for any harm or damages related to the purchase or use of goods, services, resources, content, or any other transactions made in connection with any third-party websites.
- Please review carefully the third-party's policies and practices and make sure you understand them before you engage in any transaction. Complaints, claims, concerns, or questions regarding third-party products should be directed to the third-party.
All orders are subject to product availability. If a product is not available at the time of purchase you will be notified as soon as possible and offered an alternate product (if available) or a store credit or refund (at your option).
Online orders can currently only be delivered to NSW addresses. If you are located outside NSW and would like to purchase alcohol from The Barrel By Coogee Bay Hotel, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right to cancel any delivery at any time in accordance with our order cancellation policy.
We will not deliver unless all requested delivery details are given when you place your order.
We may utilise 3rd parties for delivery with or without notice.
We will endeavour to deliver within the times nominated and paid for by you at the time of your order. You accept the risk that occasionally, due to unforeseen circumstances, deliveries may be delayed and we will not be held responsible for any loss incurred.
A person 18+ must be present to accept delivery and acceptable evidence of proof of age of that person must be presented.
Same-day unattended alcohol deliveries are not permitted under any circumstances.
Anyone at your nominated delivery address who meets responsible service of alcohol (RSA) requirements and receives the ordered alcohol products (‘the Goods”) shall be presumed by The Barrel By Coogee Bay Hotel to be authorised to receive the Goods.
Same Day Click & Collect
You will receive an email when your order is ready to be collected. You cannot collect your order prior to receiving this email. If you haven’t heard from us within 24 hours of placing your order, please email us at email@example.com
We reserve the right to cancel any click and collect order at any time in accordance with our cancellation policy.
We will endeavour to get all same day click and collect orders ready for collection on the day of ordering but you accept the risk that occasionally, due to unforeseen circumstances, there may be delays and we will not be held responsible for any loss incurred.
Orders placed within 2 hours of the store closing may not be ready for collection on the same day. In this case you will receive an email the following day when your order is ready to collect.
Orders can only be collected during store opening hours.
Your order confirmation must be presented to The Barrel By Coogee Bay Hotel staff to receive your goods.
Identification including acceptable evidence of proof of age must be presented to receive the Goods.
All click and collect orders must be collected within 3 days. Failure to collect orders within this time will result in products being returned to the shelves for resale and your order being cancelled. In this case you will receive a refund less a processing fee determined by Coogee Bay Barrel in its discretion.
Returns, Refunds & Changes
It is acknowledged that the provision of goods and services by the Coogee Bay Barrel include consumer guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law.
Once you have placed an order, we do not offer changes, replacements or refunds if you have simply changed your mind, found it cheaper somewhere else, decided you did not like the purchase or had no use for it.
Replacement and refund of goods by us will generally only be considered if the problem is a major one, if there is a problem with the goods that would have stopped someone from buying them if that person had known about the problem, if the goods are significantly different from the sample or description, if the goods are substantially unfit for common purpose and the problem can’t easily be remedied within a reasonable time or if the goods are unsafe. In all such situations, the returned item must be in original condition and in original packaging.
We reserve the right to cancel orders at any time and at our sole discretion due to Coogee Bay Barrel error, due to unlawful or unsuitable behaviour by the customer or a range of other reasons.
An order cancelled due to Coogee Bay Barrel error includes, but is not limited to; a product being out of stock, a pricing error or a product fault. In this case a full refund will be given to the customer.
An order cancelled due to unsuitable or unlawful behaviour by the customer includes, but is not limited to, there being no suitable person present to collect or receive the order, unclear delivery instructions, the inability to leave the goods in a safe place, excess ordering, the inability to produce acceptable evidence of proof of age, the honestly held suspicion that the Goods are to be provided to minors, customer intoxication or customer aggression. In this case a refund will be given less any delivery or processing fees determined by Coogee Bay Barrel in its discretion.
If your order is cancelled, we will notify you via phone, SMS or email as soon as possible.
Coogee Bay Barrel will not be held responsible for any loss incurred as a result of a cancelled order.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Coogee Bay Barrel, its holding company, related bodies corporate, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, officers, directors, agents, contractors, licensors, service providers, subcontractors, suppliers and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable legal fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of these Terms and Conditions or the documents they incorporate by reference or your breach of any law or the rights of a third-party.
In the event that any provision of these Terms and Conditions is determined to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, such provision shall nonetheless be enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and the unenforceable portion shall be deemed to be severed from these Terms and Conditions, such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions.
The obligations and liabilities of the parties incurred prior to the termination date shall survive the termination of this agreement for all purposes.
These Terms and Conditions are effective unless and until the agreement is terminated by either you or us. You may terminate the agreement at any time by notifying us that you no longer wish to purchase Goods from us, or when you cease using the Site.
If in our sole judgment you fail, or we suspect that you have failed, to comply with any term or provision of these Terms and Conditions, we also may terminate this agreement at any time without notice and you will remain liable for all amounts due up to and including the date of termination.
The failure by us to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
These Terms and Conditions and any policies or operating rules posted by us on the Site or in respect to the provision of goods and services by the Coogee Bay Barrel constitute the entire agreement and understanding between you and us and govern your use of the Site, superseding any prior or contemporaneous agreements, communications and proposals, whether oral or written, between you and us (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms and Conditions).
Any ambiguities in the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions shall not be construed against the drafting party.
These Terms and Conditions and any separate agreements involving the provision of goods and services by the Coogee Bay Barrel shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Australia.
Changes To Terms of Service
You can review the most current version of the Terms and Conditions at any time at this page.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to update, change, or replace any part of these Terms and Conditions by posting updates and changes to the Site. It is your responsibility to check the Site periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Site or the receipt of Goods from us following the posting of any changes to these Terms and Conditions constitutes acceptance of those changes.
Questions about these Terms and Conditions should be sent to us at firstname.lastname@example.org